I found this lil’ jewel of a website, Yummly; it’s basically Pinterest, except ONLY for food. Anyways, last night I realized I had a bunch of cake mix just lying around in my pantry (not entirely sure why?). But I wanted to do something more creative than, you know, cake, so I did a bit of research (and thus stumbled upon Yummly.) So here’s my attempt at Cake Mix Cookie Bars (which, my mom gave her stamp of approval, and if you know my mom, that’s really something…) 😛
- This recipe (adapted from Yummly) requires just four ingredients:
2 eggs one box of cake mix 1 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup applesauce
- In a bowl, beat eggs and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until combined into a thick batter.
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish, and spread batter thinly onto dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes. We want the edges to be a lil’ hard but the centers to still be chewy and gooey!
- Cool and EAT! YES!