Lemon bars are my favorite because they’re just the perfect balance of sweet & zesty, and they’re perfect for any occasion. And honestly, they don’t even take that long to make, so if you find yourself with a spare half an hour or something, definitely try these out!
Base 2 cups sifted flour 1/2 cup powdered sugar 1 cup butter Top 4 large beaten eggs 2 cups white sugar 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/4cup flour 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For the base, mix the butter into the flour and sugar until the dough is smooth. Press into a 13”x9”x2” pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the filling, beat together eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Sift together flour and baking powder. Stir into egg mixture.
- Pour over baked, cooled crust. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into bars. Enjoy!