Here’s an extremely simple yet delicious lil’ recipe for Amber Walnuts to add a bit of spice and edge to your life! 🙂 Walnuts are a staple part of the Chinese diet, and we love to eat them as snacks (they’re said to be good for your brain and hair, too, but I cannot verify that statement…but I can verify that they’re extremely yummy!)
2 Cups Walnuts 1/2 tbs Oil 4 tbs Sugar 2 tbs Honey 2 tsp Toasted sesame seeds
- In a heated pan, pour just enough oil to cover the walnuts.
- When the oil is hot, add in walnuts and quickly fry it. When the walnuts get crispy (it takes around 3-5 mins), take them out.
- Keep 1 or ½ tablespoons of oil in the pan and remove the rest. Add in 4-5 tablespoons of white sugar, stir in well with the oil until you can see the sugar and oil form a ‘sticky’ thin paste.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of honey and 2 full teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds.
- Add in fried walnuts, mix the walnuts in the sugar paste well.
- Remove the walnuts from the pan, and leave them to cool down.