A while back, The Finicky Cynic nominated me for the Travel Tag, which I totally didn’t notice until this week. I love to travel, and so I’m excited to get to be a part of this lil’ tag! 🙂
Anyways, let’s get started:
1. WHERE IS YOUR FAVORITE PLACE YOU HAVE VISITED?
Oh goodness, this is a hard question. Last summer, I took a trip along the Silk Road in China, and every single stop was absolutely amazing (check it out here if you’re interested). But I think my favorite place along the Road was probably Urumqi — the scenery is beautiful, the food is SO delicious, and the people are wonderful.
2. IF YOU COULD VISIT ANYWHERE TOMORROW, WHERE WOULD YOU PICK?
Wow, this is an even harder question…a while back, I made a bucket list of the top ten countries I’d like to visit (I don’t even know how I managed to narrow it down to ten…), but here it is, and I think on that list, I’d probably like to go to Costa Rica first.
3. WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A CITY HOLIDAY OR A BEACH HOLIDAY?
I’d rather go on a city holiday for sure…I feel like there’s more to do (or, for me at least — I like shopping, visiting museums and wandering around on streets). Beach holidays are still fun though, and are a good way to escape the chaos of a city.
4. WHAT ARE 3 OF YOUR HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS?
- My phone/camera. Would definitely not be able to continue this blog without my dear camera!
- My journal for writing things down.
- First aid kit — gotta stay prepared!!
5. ARE YOU AN OVER-PACKER OR AN UNDER-PACKER?
I think it kind of depends…I always pack the same things for every trip (essentials, first aid, and a bunch of random other things) no matter if it’s a long or short trip. The only thing that varies is the amount of clothing. I usually over-pack on short trips, under-pack on long trips, which really doesn’t make any sense haha.
6. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT GOING ON HOLIDAYS?
Sightseeing and eating!
7. WHAT IS ONE PLACE YOU WOULD NEVER WANT TO VISIT?
I don’t think there’s any place in the world that I’m inherently against visiting, but for safety reasons, I wouldn’t want to go somewhere that’s in the middle of a war. Also, I think the idea of “visiting,” or just going somewhere for fun/to sightsee/for leisurely activities and then go back to your own safe home while the civilians there are suffering is insensitive.
8. WHO WOULD YOU RATHER GO ON A HOLIDAY WITH, FAMILY OR FRIENDS?
I’ve actually haven’t been on a holiday with friends, but I do think it’d be fun! Family trips are fun too, but I think sometimes they’re a bit limiting…
9. WHAT IS THE MOST ADVENTUROUS DISH YOU HAVE TRIED FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY?
ooh…I’ve had beetles before in China…eh…
10. WHO DO YOU WANT TO DO THIS TRAVEL TAG?
…and anyone else who loves to travel!