A huge thank you to Namitha at Teen Memoir for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award AND the Sunshine Blogger…I’m so incredibly honored by your support! Your blog is so beautiful and inspiring! ❤
THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog
- Select a few other blogs you want to give the award to.
How All the Beautiful Times came about:
Like I said when I was accepting my Liebster Award, this blog was first and foremost an assignment from my English teachers, but in the two years since, it’s become so much more. I’ve always loved to write, though my writing career probably peaked and ended when I was seven. In 2015, I began publishing posts about my travels, recipes and food cravings, and my reactions to the current political situation as well as other issues. My blog hit 87 countries (!!!) and I thought, “You know what? I think I like this, this idea that maybe my words might just be important to some people.”
So I kept blogging, both for school and outside. Certainly, the number of my posts died down, to where I was only blogging about school assignments (I told you, senioritis is real and I caught it). Finally, May rolled around, only this time, I would never have another “blog assignment” ever. I’m a high school graduate now, and this blog is now, well, just another blog on the internet, and the one guaranteed reader I had (my teacher, that is) won’t be checking it either. I could have left this blog as is, just floating around on the web, but I just can’t give it up. I have, however, finally thought of a good blog name after these two years, and so in doing so, I realized that this blog has long since stopped being an assignment, but rather a joy.
I’m not very good at giving advice, but when people asks me for advice on how to blog, I’ll always say the same thing:
I’m not going to tell you how or what to blog here, because each person has their own way of blogging. But blogging, to me, is about making a difference. Whether it’s just another travel post, food recipe or a thought on the political situation, know that your voice is being heard worldwide. So be yourself, and let your thoughts out, because in this blogging community, you matter. On that note, listen to what others have to say, too. Stop by a few blogs and say hi, because what makes the blogging world a community is our compassion and love for each other — for each other’s ideas, beliefs and happiness.
We’re All Winners Here:
Here, in no particular order, are some really, really good blogs! Check them out, because they’re definitely worth it. 🙂
THE Sunshine Blogger AWARD
1. Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate seven new blogs to receive the award and write them new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. Would you prefer skydiving or scuba diving?
Skydiving. It’s the closest to flying I’ll ever get, and I definitely wish I could fly.
2. Would you call yourself an indoor person or an outdoor person?
That’s a hard question, haha. I guess it depends on the day…somedays I’ll have an insatiable urge to just go hiking in the woods, and other days I just want to stay home, in bed, with a warm cup of coffee.
3. What’s your favorite thing to do?
Singing in the shower.
4. Cat person or dog person?
Cat person, though dogs are cute, too! ❤
5. Why did you create your blog?
See second answer for above award! 🙂
6. Where would you see yourself in 10 years?
Good question…I don’t know if I’ll be doing research in a lab, or if I’ve found something else I’m passionate about then. Either way, hopefully I’ll be doing something that makes me happy!
7. Do you have a phobia? If yes, what kind of phobia?
Is there a phobia where you’re scared of all types of insects/bugs? Like, I’m even terrified of ladybugs!
8. How do you get motivated to work towards your goal(s)/target(s)/amibition(s)?
This is also a hard question haha! I’m probably the world’s worst procrastinator, but then I’ll think about all the college tuition I’m paying, and that makes me motivated. Just kidding. In all seriousness, passion is my greatest motivator, and the belief that I CAN do great things as long as I get off Netflix. 😉
9. What kind of people do you like?
I like all kinds of people! As long as you like me, then I like you. 🙂
10. What superhuman power would you like to have?
Kind of going off of my answer for number 1 — I would like to be able to fly. To be able to literally rid yourself of society’s constraints (for a while, at least)!
11. What kinds of books do you read?
Really enjoy reading finalists of the National Book Award. Classics and some contemporary writers like Emily St. John Mandel are pretty good. As long as it’s not those romance novels that you find in grocery stores, I’m okay!
Bonus question: What do you think of my blog? (Don’t worry, it doesn’t have to be that long 😉)
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. IT’S SO INSPIRING AND BEAUTIFUL AND I WISH MORE PEOPLE KNEW WHAT A JEWEL YOUR BLOG IS!
Finally, the questions:
These aren’t going to your normal questions about blogging…but here are the three question for the nominees to answer!
- Who is your favorite musical artist and why? Give me a link to one of their best songs!
- What’s your favorite food? Do you happen to have the recipe? If so, totally share it!
- What’s one funny/cool/random fact about yourself? We want to know! 🙂
Alrighty, and that’s it! Looking forward to reading these answers!