This recipe gives you four servings of cheesy spinach tomato tortellini. Did I mention that it takes just fifteen minute?
12 oz tortellini pasta 1 heavy cream 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 1 tbsp olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can of diced tomatoes 3 cups of spinach (chopped) 2 tsp dried basil 1 tsp dried oregano 1/2 tsp dried thyme 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to top 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package and drain.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream and flour.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano, thyme and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until spinach begins to wilt (which will be about 2 minutes). Don’t forget to stir!
4. Slowly whisk in heavy cream mixture and Parmesan, and cook until mixture thickens in roughly 3-4 minutes. Stir in tortellini and combine.
5. Top with extra Parmesan.
Adapted from damndelicious.net.