2 mugs–one for your coffee, one for your coffeecake.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 oz. butter, semi-melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 egg (after egg is beaten)
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- small handful of dried fruit
1. Combine the 2 tablespoons brown sugar and all-purpose flour, 1/2 oz of butter and ~1/8 tsp of cinnamon. Mix everything together; this is your topping.
2. For the batter, mix the remaining butter and brown sugar together until creamy, then add the egg, sour cream, syrup and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Add self-rising flour and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Make sure mixture is smooth.
3. Pour half of the batter into a buttered 12-ounce microwavable coffee cup, add the dried fruits into the center, then cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
4. Microwave for about 1 minute 15 seconds. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from stltoday.