Thank you, Food Fellowship and Wine, for the Liebster Award nomination! Your blog is amazing (the pictures are GORGEOUS), and I’m so glad that you enjoyed reading my blog.
1. Thank and acknowledge the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions the blogger gave you.
3. Give 11 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 2000 followers.
5. Notify the people you nominated.
6. Give approximately 5 to 11 questions for nominees to answer.
My ‘acceptance’ answers to Food Fellowship and Wine:
1) Your favourite food-memory? We were on a trip to San Antonio, Texas, where we had been strolling along the Riverwalk for a couple hours. We came upon a little food stand selling spicy, buttered corn in a cup, and my only regret is not buying more. And after walking and sweating in sweltering Texas weather, this corn was by far more delicious than any else I’ve had.
2) If happiness had a taste, what would it be? Chocolate. White chocolate, to be exact. Sweet, fulfilling, delicious and perfect for anything — everything that happiness should be.
3) Who is your foodie hero? Andrew Zimmern! He hosts Bizzare Foods on Food Channel, and there are certainly some questionable items of food that he’s eaten, but he’s helped me create quite a long bucket list of foods that I need to try.
4) If you had a golden ticket into any restaurant/kitchen in the entire world, where would you go? Atami. It’s a steak & sushi place, and their food is to die for. Not to mention the cooks prepare your food before your table, and they love to perform little tricks.
5) If today the apocalypse were to happen, what would you eat? This is a hard question. It’d probably be my mom’s fried dumplings.
11 Facts about me:
Can Taylor Swift just be a fact about me? As in, I may or may not be her biggest fan, and I may or may not have memorized the lyrics to all 117 of her songs instead of memorizing trig identities. Oops. I bake way too many desserts, and I swear that food therapy is real for me. My mom’s allergic to cats, so I have around ~20 stuffed cats just chilling around. I wear platform flip-flops sometimes, because I was told I would grow to be about 6 ft. but only ended up around five. But my deficit in height is balanced by my amazing appetite. I ate six hot dogs once after almost falling down a mountain. I hike and swim if I have time, but junior year has definitely been rough. Traveling has also been a big part of my life, and I’ve been to eleven countries so far. I’d like to study abroad one day, but as of where, I’m not sure yet. I’m also really like teaching and interacting with kids, because their smiles and energy are just SO contagious, and the only things I dislike are Oxford commas.
What I like to know from my nominations:
1) What kind of candy would you be?
2) If you had the opportunity to visit any country, where would you go?
3) Your go-to comfort food?
4) Who’s your role model?
5) What superpower would you have?
6) If you could spend a day with a celebrity, who would you choose?